Total Pageviews

Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Heritage Site I Never Knew Existed!

In October 2012, my family and I toured Europe with a bunch of people we bonded really well with, and since then these four families and mine have formed a little travel group, and we meet up for quick getaways in places around the city, and needlessly to say, I have a Whole lot of fun. 

Last weekend, we booked a bus and in little over two hours we found ourselves in the stunning, ancient palatial 'Itachuna Rajbari' that had been built by a Maratha warrior of the Kundan clan. As I walked through the grand entrance, my DSLR at the ready, the sheer size of the place took my breath away. It had an air that was steeped in history and the demeanour of a formidable grandfather who had once served in the army. That was a random thought. Here, have a look:



This one was from the top of the stairs at the other end (which you can see here) of the yard:



There's really nothing more to say, but loads to see. 



 I took all of these while roaming around the place, but many doors were locked, and many windows shut tight...

I think they probably had gas lamps back in the time of the Rajbari, but I guess bulbs make more sense now.










 I found these creepy-looking bald dolls shoved to one corner of a verandah... cannot really imagine a royal child finding these adorable.





 This is a beautiful mirror, don't you think?



The Rajbari all decked up in the evening:







All in all, it was a grand trip... and believe me, the best part was spooking ourselves at night by roaming the dark corridors, all huddled together and giggling nervously. We didn't see any ghosts, but that doesn't mean they weren't there, does it? 

Until next time, you lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment